Project: Star Casino
Cooke & Dowsett were pleased to be involved in this landmark project for Queensland.
The new “Star Casino” development includes a 17-story, 80 room luxury hotel.Other attractions include in-room theatres, new restaurants, various bars and numerous entertainment facilities. Cooke & Dowsett’s scope included the external services to the new hotel accommodation.
Hydraulic scope of works:
- Cold Water, Gas, Fire, Sewer Vent, Waste Drain and new roof drainage
- Upgrade all active/ live plumbing services throughout the Star Casino Island.
- Trade waste Dissolved Air Floatation (DAF) Plant
- Fire pump room • Natural Gas reticulation
- Triplex cold-water booster pump
- Reverse Osmosis plant
- Stormwater treatment system
- Reduce Pressure Zone Devices (RPZDs)
- Casino trading 24/7 including interface with public safety
- Live service change overs (Trade Waste DAF plant room and Fire Pump Room) whilst under 24-hour operation.
- Working next to the Nerang river encountering tidal ground water
- Installation of stormwater drainage under a bridge from a barge.
- Successfully carrying out construction on a fully operational casino site.