Careers at Cooke & Dowsett
WORKING WITH US: Cooke & Dowsett is one of Australia’s leading tier one Plumbing Commercial Construction companies. Our success is built on hard work and continued commitment to our people. We are committed to doing what’s right for our clients, our team, and our communities. We are currently experiencing growth nationally and we would love you to join us!
Expression of Interest: Join the Team in 2023!
The Entry-Level Project Administrator is a great opportunity for someone with limited administration experience to join our Construction team. In this role, you will provide vital support to the Project Managers, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget, while following the contract, company policy, and industry quality standards. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with all aspects of project set up;
- Assisting with procurement including obtaining quotes and issuing purchase orders;
- Assist with document control through Aconex;
- Assisting Report preparation;
- Assisting with QA reporting;
- Collating information for monthly reporting; and
- Assisting with maintaining project office workspaces.
- Certificate in Administration (highly regarded)
- Intermediate Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint & Outlook skills
- The ability to work independently, as a team member and in varied working environments
- Organisation and time management skills
- High level of verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate with a wide variety of people including managing relationships with external clients / suppliers / contractors etc
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Officer to join our Finance Team in the Keilor East Head Office. The Accounts Payable Officer is responsible for the end-to-end timely payment of invoices to suppliers & contractors for CDPG and its related entities. The role supports the Financial Operations team in the management of the Group’s working capital.
- Reconcile and maintain trade receivables & payables on related entities;
- Prepare monthly payments schedule;
- Manage employee expense claims;
- Respond to supplier queries and maintain relationships with suppliers;
- Identify discount opportunities and retention processes prior to payment;
- Manage the retention register ensuring 100% reconciliation with suppliers/subcontractors;
- Support leave coverage within the Financial Operations Team;
- Support the implementation of process improvements to strengthen internal
- 3 years’ experience in accounts payable or bookkeeping;
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles;
- Basic understanding of the finance functions within a construction business;
- Understanding of basic accounting statutory requirements;
- Intermediate Excel, Outlook skills;
- Understanding of retention & claims;
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics 365, Sage and Xero Accounts Payable and General Ledger module;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent organisation skills, planning and time management;
- The ability to work independently, unsupervised and with other team
Cooke & Dowsett Albury (CDA) is backed by one of Australia's leading tier one commercial plumbing companies. We are experiencing strong growth with a number of exciting large-scale commercial projects underway and a healthy pipeline of work. CDA are seeking Commercial Plumbers for projects in the NORTH EAST VICTORIA area.
Experienced Plumbers will work on all facets of commercial plumbing installations across our significant projects, with a healthy pipeline of continuous work.
Full company uniforms and PPE provided, attractive EBA Rates, redundancy and superannuation included with package.
Project Plumbing & Maintenance
Commercial Maintenance Plumber - CROWN
Project Plumbing & Maintenance is a successful commercial and maintenance plumbing business backed by an industry leading national commercial plumbing Group. We have a secure contract with a well-known Melbourne landmark and are looking for Commercial Maintenance Plumbers with experience in building services maintenance to provide excellent customer service on behalf of our client. Based in Southbank, you will be responsible for the completion of maintenance across multiple facilities including scheduled / preventative and reactive maintenance.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the role requires an experienced Maintenance Plumber who can perform a wide range of maintenance services including:
- Attend to work orders and respond to and action jobs designated to you;
- Replacement of underperforming hydraulic services including hot and cold water, sewer and stormwater;
- Repairing and maintaining plumbing services including fixtures throughout the facility;
- Backflow prevention, device inspection and servicing;
- Thermostatic mixing valve (TMV) inspections and servicing;
- Service and maintenance of Zip units;
- Reading blueprints, drawings and specifications to ensure desired outcomes are delivered;
- Planning maintenance activities in advance with the site team;
- Ability to problem solve and deliver positive outcomes;
- Ensuring all specifications, legislations, policies, safety standards and building codes are met;
- Working with other trades to ensure completion of projects on time.
- The position includes available over time work at above industry award rates;
- At least 5 years commercial plumbing maintenance experience;
- Effective written, verbal, presentation and listening communication skills;
- Basic computer skills including Excel, Outlook & Word skills, and proficiency with operating mobile data devices;
- The ability to plan, time manage and prioritise effectively;
- Analytical, and problem solving skills;
- The ability to work independently and unsupervised in an everchanging and fast paced environment;
- Honest and trustworthy;
- A sound work ethic and commitment to meeting and exceeding client's expectations;
- Available for emergency work if required; and
- Desire to learn and progress within the company
- The successful applicant will need to provide their own hand tools, Working With Children Check (WWCC), Police check, TMV & RPZD.