Project: Old Treasury Hotel
The Old Treasury Building is one of Perth’s most significant heritage properties.
A $50m revamp transformed it into a premium 6-Star boutique hotel, comprising of 48 unique suites with additional retail areas. Heritage aspects retained in the building’s conversion include the external façade, masonry, metalwork and joinery, and timber sash-and-pulley windows.
Hydraulic scope of works:
- Water supply, including potable, sanitary plumbing, drainage
- Trade waste drainage and treatment
- Domestic hot water
- Natural Gas Reticulation
- All plant and equipment relating to the above
- Working on a 19th century heritage listed building
- Fire rating penetrations between levels of an existing timber structure
- Plumbing a prefabricated roof-top restaurant craned into place
- Installation of basement stormwater detention system within existing structure
- On-the-spot problem-solving requiring design modifications to meet historic as-built variables
- The finished property has received various “Best Hotel” awards since opening in 2016