Project: DAYDREAM ISLAND, QLD
The Whitsundays were devastated by Cyclone Debbie in 2017 and Daydream Island was hit hard causing significant damage.
The refurbishment of this iconic island’s facilities began in 2017 and incorporated 277 refurbished modern rooms and suites and the redevelopment of the reception, restaurants, day spa, gym, bars and lagoon.
Hydraulic scope of works:
- Refurnish a fully functional 4 Star resort incorporating the largest outdoor living reef aquarium in the world.
- Installation of high-end fixtures & fittings across numerous refurbished areas including Daydreamer Suites, Restaurants, Underwater Observatory, Mermaids Building, Transit Building and Reception.
- Sewer, Trade waste & stormwater (both below ground and above)
- Warm water/hot water plant rooms including stainless steel fluing
- Large commercial kitchens
- Servicing a remote site on a rotating roster, staff were living away for long periods
- Extensive repairs to existing and outdated infrastructure
- Planning and forecasting of work to allow for long lead time on materials
- 7 days per week project requiring extensive management
- Playing a major role in the construction of such a prestigious multi-million-dollar refurbishment project, in a remote location.